This course is trained on the Ooona Toolkit software. This course includes task feedback and a certificate. The aim of the course is to give you an up-to-date and comprehensive understanding of closed captioning and subtitling for the deaf and hard of hearing as well as introducing software for applying subtitles to an audiovisual work.
The certificate attests that the recipient has acquired certain knowledge of the subject, and enables the recipient to start using the word “captioner” in their livelihood and professional practice. Those meeting the credential requirements for each course are awarded a certificate.
By the end of the training, you will:
- Create open and closed captions
- Create subtitles for the deaf or hard of hearing
- Edit, adapt and quality check caption files
- Manage and control a leading subtitling software in the market
- Put theoretical knowledge into practice
- Learn on an autonomous basis
- Organize and plan deadlines
- Understand the subtitling and closed captioning industry
- Be familiar with all the lingo in the industry
- Conform SDH, CC and SLS files
WHO SHOULD DO THIS COURSE?
The course is relevant for professionals concerned with media, e.g.: translators or interpreters, media content professionals, media translators or interpreters, individuals seeking professional Audiovisual and media training. In addition, this course is also relevant for anyone who would like to make a career out of subtitling e.g.: bilingual speakers, second language teachers, recent graduates or students, university student, individuals seeking to enter the TV and Film industries, freelancers working from home, retired professionals.
- Lectures 33
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 25 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 460
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes