This course is trained on the Ooona Toolkit software. The course is self-evaluated and does not include a certificate. The aim of the course is to give you an up-to-date and comprehensive understanding of subtitling as well as introducing software for applying subtitles to an audiovisual work.
By the end of the training, you will:
- Be able to create subtitles
- Edit, adapt and quality check subtitle files
- Manage and control a leading subtitling software in the market
- Put theoretical knowledge into practice
- Learn on an autonomous basis
- Organize and plan deadlines
- Understand the subtitling and closed captioning industry
- Be familiar with all the lingo in the industry
WHO SHOULD DO THIS COURSE?
The course is relevant for professionals concerned with media, e.g.: translators or interpreters, media content professionals, media translators or interpreters, individuals seeking professional Audiovisual and media training. In addition, this course is also relevant for anyone who would like to make a career out of subtitling e.g.: bilingual speakers, second language teachers, recent graduates or students, university student, individuals seeking to enter the TV and Film industries, freelancers working from home, retired professionals.
- Lectures 27
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 20 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 14
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes